The West of England Mayoral Combined Authority is seeking to appoint aCommercial Governance &Reporting Officer, to join the Commercialteam. The Commercial team is a new function being implemented, you will be joining at an exciting time in the development of a Commercial team but also crucial to delivering excellent commercial outcomes for the Combined Authority and the West of England region. Your key responsibilities in this role would be to ensure a focus on delivering the priorities of the Metro Mayor by:
- Provide governance, leadership and management whilst demonstrating WECA values to Technical Procurement Specialists on Transport and Infrastructure projects.
- Works with the Senior Governance and Contract Management Lead to prepare and input to papers for Commercial Board, Corporate Leadership Team and CEOS with regard to all things Procurement.
- Coordinate with the Commercial Team to adopt commercial policy and assurance, including the adoption of Cabinet Office Procurement Policy Notes, thus ensuring the organisation meets its obligations under the procurement legislation and case law.
- Provides full end-to-end support across the Commercial systems and provides effective data reporting for the Commercial Leadership team and stakeholders.
Are you someone who is able to robustly ensure commercial team members and stakeholders are working within the governance and assurance framework? Are you someone whohas excellentinterpersonal,problem solving and analytical skills and has a keen interest in developing systems, analysis and data reporting?
If this sounds like your next role, please click on the apply button below and tell us why you would be a great fit for this role.
About the Company
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 26/31 days annual Leave
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reduced bus travel across the West of England
- Flexible and hybrid working options from day one to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals. We following a hybrid working model with 2 or 3 days in the office a week.
The West of England is an amazing part of the world to live and work. We have recently moved to a new bright and airy office, with all the latest technology, just 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status. We are also proud to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer and afounding Member of the West of England Good Employment Charter.
Please contact us to identify any additional support you may need during the recruitment process.