The West of England Mayoral Combined Authority is seeking to appoint an Electric Vehicle Charging Officer, to join the Combined Authority’s Transport Strategy team. Your key responsibilities in this role would be to ensure a focus on delivering the priorities of the Metro Mayor by:
- Leading the development of proposals for new electric vehicle charging infrastructure in the West of England.
- Working with internal stakeholders, the West of England’s Unitary Authorities and other external partners to progress the development of West of England’s ambitious proposals for the upcoming Local EV Infrastructure Fund.
- Leading on commercial activities related to the deployment of new charging infrastructure.
- Identifying wider opportunities to unlock funding for new charging infrastructure in the West of England as these arise.
- Overseeing the delivery of publicly-funded charging infrastructure in the West of England’s constituent authority areas.
- Providing effective and efficient project management of EV-related projects, including the management of internal colleagues, contractors and budgets.
- Providing technical advice on EV charging matters and support for the development of the West of England’s emerging EV Charging Strategy.
Are you someone who can demonstrate strong commercial knowledge of different EV charging delivery models, has experience working with the EV charging industry and ultimately always focuses on delivery?
If this sounds like your next role, please click on the apply button below and tell us why you would be a great fit for this role. Please refer to the job description below for more information.
About the Company
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 26/31 days annual Leave
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reduced bus travel across the West of England
- Flexible and hybrid working options from day one to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
The West of England is an amazing part of the world to live and work. We have recently moved to a new bright and airy office, with all latest technology, just 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status. We are also proud to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
Please contact us to identify any additional support you may need during the recruitment process.