We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and committed individual to join the West of England Mayoral Combined Authority as our new Finance Officer.
Working as part of our Finance and Procurement team, you will help them deliver effective and efficient finance support by undertaking a range of activities, within the following specialist work areas:
- To ensure that all journals and other financial transactions are processed in a timely, accurate and effective manner.
- To help maintain trackers and ensure they reconcile to the financial system.
- To provide financial and management accounting information, both regular and ad-hoc, to Directors and Managers within the Combined Authority to enable them to manage their financial resources effectively.
- To liaise proactively, with staff within the Combined Authority and with external bodies, Councils, Government Bodies, suppliers as required.
You must possess good attention to detail and can ‘hit the ground running’ supporting this busy team providing accounting support. It is imperative that you are flexible and have strong interpersonal as well as communication skills with the ability to support and communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have experience working within a finance/accountancy environment, specifically with the duties above. You will be well organised, willing to take responsibility for your work with the ability to work to deadlines. Relevant finance/accountancy qualifications would be desired but not essential.
If this sounds like your next role, please click on the apply button below and tell us why you would be a great fit for this role. Please the job description below for more information.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy if sufficient applications have been received.
About the Company
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 26/31 days annual Leave
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reduced bus travel across the West of England
- Flexible and hybrid working options from day one to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
The West of England is an amazing part of the world to live and work. We have recently moved to a new bright and airy office, with all latest technology, just 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status. We are also proud to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
Please contact us to identify any additional support you may need during the recruitment process.