We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual with excellent reporting, analytical and communication skills to join the West of England Mayoral Combined Authority as our new Financial Reporting and Analytical Lead.
Working as part of our Finance team, you will help them deliver effective and efficient finance support by undertaking a range of activities, within the following specialist work areas:
- Producing financial and commercial analysis to support the development and implementation of financial strategy, capital strategy, policies and service reviews.
- Identifying financial risks and opportunities through data analysis ensuring that issues, solutions and dependencies are suitably captured, reported, reviewed, escalated and mitigations/intervention implemented and tracked effectively.
A flexible, innovative approach is an essential requirement together with the willingness to respond constructively to challenge and opportunity and to be able to work alone or as part of a team.
We are looking for candidates who are qualified (member of an accountancy body recognised by CCAB) with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to present financial data effectively to support strategic decision making.
If this sounds like your next role, please click on the apply button below and tell us why you would be a great fit for this role. Please the job description below for more information.
About the Company
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 26/31 days annual Leave
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reduced bus travel across the West of England
- Flexible and hybrid working options from day one to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals. We following a hybrid working model with 2 or 3 days in the office a week.
The West of England is an amazing part of the world to live and work. We have recently moved to a new bright and airy office, with all the latest technology, just 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status. We are also proud to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer and a founding Member of the West of England Good Employment Charter.
Please contact us to identify any additional support you may need during the recruitment process.