The West of England Mayoral Combined Authority is seeking to appoint a Head of Commercial, to establish Commercial Management principles and develop Commercial Services as a standalone function in the Infrastructure Directorate. Your key responsibilities in this role would be to ensure a focus on delivering the priorities of the Metro Mayor by:
- Leading the investment programme with accountability for developing and implementing the commercial and supply chain management strategy associated with delivering £1billion of Government funding to drive economic growth across the region.
- Providing guidance to the CEO and Directors, on all of our major strategic commercial relationships, driving value for money at the heart of delivery programme.
- Leading the establishment of effective routes to market, commissioning, and contract management to ensure delivery of successful outcomes.
- Overseeing the commercial management for projects delivered by Infrastructure in the West of England Combined Authority, including cost management and negotiating contracts.
- Building and leading an appropriately skilled team which provides Commercial services for Infrastructure across the Combined Authority.
Are you someone who has extensive commercial management experience in the delivery of large-scale infrastructure/transport projects ultimately always focuses on delivery?
If this sounds like your next role, please click on the apply button below and tell us why you would be a great fit for this role. Please the job description below for more information.
About the Company
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 26/31 days annual Leave
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reduced bus travel across the West of England
- Flexible and hybrid working options from day one to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
The West of England is an amazing part of the world to live and work. We have recently moved to a new bright and airy office, with all latest technology, just 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status. We are also proud to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
Please contact us to identify any additional support you may need during the recruitment process.