The West of England Mayoral Combined Authority is seeking to appoint a Head Programme Management Office (PMO), to join the Infrastructure team. Your key responsibilities in this role would be to ensure a focus on delivering the priorities of the Metro Mayor by:
- Leading, managing and being accountable for the effective operation of the Infrastructure Directorate PMO.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a suitable and effective management framework for the Infrastructure Directorate.
- Driving system improvement within the PMO, by working with key stakeholders to coordinate activity and by influencing, shaping and supporting developments within the Authority and with key delivery Partners.
- Monitoring and supporting the performance management and development of team members, to support individual development and ensure that individual contributions and career progression opportunities are maximised.
- Support the development of Programme and Project management skills/competencies and support the Combined Authorities’ aspiration for corporate membership of the APM competencies.
Are you someone who has led effective Programme Management Offices, managed large scale programmes in a transport/infrastructure setting and ultimately always focuses on delivery?
You will be a key player as we create West of England Sustainable Transport. We are delivering on the big transport improvements people in the region need and deserve, changing how people travel, making journeys affordable, reliable, enjoyable, and safe.
If this sounds like your next role, please click on the apply button below and tell us why you would be a great fit for this role. Please the job description below for more information.
About the Company
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 26/31 days annual Leave
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reduced bus travel across the West of England
- Flexible and hybrid working options from day one to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
The West of England is an amazing part of the world to live and work. We have recently moved to a new bright and airy office, with all latest technology, just 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status. We are also proud to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
Please contact us to identify any additional support you may need during the recruitment process.