The West of England Mayoral Combined Authority is seeking to appoint a Health and Safety Manager, to join the Infrastructure team. Your key responsibilities in this role would be to ensure a focus on delivering the priorities of the Metro Mayor by:
- Provide functional support, guidance, and professional expertise to the teams within the directorate on all aspects of health, safety and wellbeing to ensure successful, compliant delivery of programmes and projects.
- Lead HSW meetings and briefings with the teams and supply chain organisations to share and promulgate best practice and lessons learnt.
- Provide support to the teams on inspection and monitoring of the safety performance of projects and programmes. Monitor performance to ensure a consistent approach is taken to contractor occupational health and construction safety.
- Support teams in the investigation of accidents and incidents and in the implementation of resulting recommendations.
Are you someone who has previous HSW management experience, working knowledge of relevant legislation and ultimately always focuses on delivery?
If this sounds like your next role, please click on the apply button below and tell us why you would be a great fit for this role. Please the job description below for more information.
About the Company
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 26/31 days annual Leave
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reduced bus travel across the West of England
- Flexible and hybrid working options from day one to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
The West of England is an amazing part of the world to live and work. We have recently moved to a new bright and airy office, with all latest technology, just 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status. We are also proud to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
Please contact us to identify any additional support you may need during the recruitment process.