The West of England Combined Authority is seeking to appoint two Low Carbon Project Officers, to join the Environment team. As the West of England Combined Authority is driving towards a delivery phase, your key responsibilities in this role would be:
- To support the Project Manager with renewable energy and retrofit projects such as the Retrofit Accelerator, Solar Together, Innovative Housing Retrofit Scheme, Local Energy Scheme and Green Recovery Fund energy projects;
- To help deliver the Metro Mayoral priority to tackle the climate & ecological emergency.
To contribute to the achievement of project milestones/deliverables and ensure relevant legislation, proscribed processes and funding conditions are adhered to.
To contribute to the identification of project level opportunities and risks as they arise and resolve where appropriate or recommend options to the Project Manager.
To carry out all necessary checks and assurances, in a timely manner, on all requests for funding (such as grant claims and invoices) as they are received and recommend further action to the Project Manager
Are you someone who has significant knowledge of project management, communicating with external stakeholders and ultimately always focuses on delivery?
If this sounds like your next role, please click on the apply button below and tell us why you would be a great fit for this role. Please see the job description for more information.
These roles are fixed term until March 2025.
About the Company
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 26 days annual Leave (from the 1 April 2023)
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reduced bus travel across the West of England
- Flexible and hybrid working options from day one to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
The West of England is an amazing part of the world to live and work. We have recently moved to a new bright and airy office, with all latest technology, just 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station.
The West of England Combined Authority is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status. We are also proud to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
Please contact us to identify any additional support you may need during the recruitment process.