The West of England Mayoral Combined Authority is seeking to appoint a Senior PMO Risk Manager to join the Infrastructure PMO team. Your key responsibilities in this role would be to ensure a focus on delivering the priorities of the Metro Mayor by:
- Garnering complex/diverse information, design structured risk strategies and run quality risk assessments.
- Supporting the development of risk management plans and understand build, install and commissioning requirements. Implementing clear and concise information flows.
- Helping the identification of thematic risks, issues, cross. dependencies and constraints across projects and producing updates on mitigation progress across the Infrastructure Directorate.
- Supporting and assuring the risk management process from project inception through to construction and handover.
- Facilitating regular risk workshops and reviews, conducting or facilitating Quantitative Cost & Schedule Analyses of individual projects and programmes, and assurance of the outputs.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a keen eye for detail, who understands about the impacts of managing risk well and how people get the best out of people.
We are looking for someone with an infrastructure, construction or transport background, to work with PMO team and project delivery teams. With over £1.2bn worth of change to deliver in our region, identifying and managing risk well is essential to delivery.
This is a great opportunity for someone to get involved in some really great projects that are helping our region to grow, addressing some of our climate change problems, improving our transport networks, delivering infrastructure projects in rail, walking, cycling, transport technology and bus services. We are delivering over £1.2bn of change in our region with our Unitary Authority and Infrastructure partners so this is a fantastic opportunity to get involved and grow your career. Come and check out the Authority’s work on our website.
About the Company
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 26/31 days annual Leave
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reduced bus travel across the West of England
- Flexible and hybrid working options from day one to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
The West of England is an amazing part of the world to live and work. We have recently moved to a new bright and airy office, with all latest technology, just 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status. We are also proud to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
Please contact us to identify any additional support you may need during the recruitment process.