We are looking to recruit 4 talented project officers to join the South West Net Zero Hub, which is hosted by the West of England Combined Authority.
To help us and our wider South West region tackle the Net Zero challenge, we seek passionate people to progress four key work areas:
- Progress our work on the Local Energy Advice Demonstrator (LEAD) scheme enabling a better understanding of the advice requirements of different consumer groups and across different housing archetypes.
- Promote and support our consortia partners within the £27m Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund (SHDF) delivering warm, energy-efficient homes, reducing carbon emissions, addressing fuel poverty, supporting green jobs, and enhancing the well-being of social housing tenants across the region
- Develop our Local Net Zero Capacity & Development Fund (LNZCDF) £1 million grant fund to provide South West based local authorities with additional capacity and skills to help enable the pace of change needed to meet local and national Net Zero ambitions.
- Progress our work in the South West to support the Community Energy Sector, including regional allocation of the £10m Community Energy Fund (CEF).
If you have experience or interest of delivering work within relevant sectors, would like to join a collaborative team environment, and work with partners across the South West Net Zero Hub region and beyond – we want to hear from you!
More details on the roles, and specifically what we’re looking for from our Project Officers (see Person Specification) are included in the Job Description PDF at bottom and on right-hand side of this page.
Apply using the button below if one or more of these roles sound like you! Or, if you’ve got any queries, please get in contact with the specific hiring manager for each of these roles:
Roles 1 & 2: Joanne Wright via email at: Joanne.Wright@WestOfEngland-CA.gov.uk
Roles 3 & 4: Justin Olosunde via email at: Justin.Olosunde@WestOfEngland-CA.gov.uk
For an informal chat about all 4 roles please feel free to contact Justin Olosunde on 07392 138012
Please note, the Project Officer posts are all on 12-month fixed term contracts initially and all subject to successfully passing 6-month probationary periods.
Roles can be offered as fixed term contracts or as secondment opportunities.
About the Company
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 26/31 days annual Leave
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reduced bus travel across the West of England
- Flexible and hybrid working options from day one to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals. We following a hybrid working model with 2 or 3 days in the office a week.
The West of England is an amazing part of the world to live and work. We have recently moved to a new bright and airy office, with all the latest technology, just 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status. We are also proud to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer and a founding Member of the West of England Good Employment Charter.
Please contact us to identify any additional support you may need during the recruitment process.