The West of England Mayoral Combined Authority is seeking to appoint a Transport Operations Officer, to join the Integrated Transport Operations team.
Your key responsibilities in this role would be to ensure a focus on delivering the priorities of the Metro Mayor by:
- Supporting the delivery, monitoring and improvement of the Combined Authority's operational functions as Transport Authority for the Region, covering concessionary travel, bus information, community transport and supported bus services.
- Assist with the operational elements of the Joint Local Transport Plan, Bus Strategy, Bus Information Strategy and other public transport strategies for the West of England region.
- Assist with co-ordinating the transport operations input into the development of the spatial planning approach for the region and other supporting region-wide plans, strategies, and documents such as Supplementary Planning Documents, Development Briefs and Design Guidance.
- To assist with the procurement and management of the commissioning of consultancy work for transport policies and projects where necessary.
- To work with bus operators in management of the bus network and advise on future service improvements.
- Assist with the management of small to medium projects, including budget management and the preparation of funding bids.
Are you someone with an interest in improving the region's transport network, a keen eye for detail, and an ability to deliver work to tight deadlines? If this sounds like your next role, please click on the apply button below and tell us why you would be a great fit for this role. Please the job description below for more information.
About the Company
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 26/31 days annual Leave
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Reduced bus travel across the West of England
- Flexible and hybrid working options from day one to ensure you achieve the best work/life balance and career goals.
The West of England is an amazing part of the world to live and work. We have recently moved to a new bright and airy office, with all latest technology, just 10-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status. We are also proud to have been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
Please contact us to identify any additional support you may need during the recruitment process.